Sewing Technology is a craftsman vocational Trade. Trade is all about the cutting and sewing fabric and its related other activities such as putting the clothe on table, marking it according to measurement, cutting, sewing and finally setting ironing board and iron. The duration of trade is one year with two semesters of six months each. Trade is very innovative and career orienting in nature as it gives many scopes after its successful passing. This trade is mostly undertaken by girls/women but in some cases buys also go for it. After passing it they have best option i.e. self-employment. There are many ITIs offering trade due to its importance and which make them self-dependant.
Sewing Technology Trade Eligibility:
- Students should be passed in 8th class examination from a recognised school board in the country
Sewing Technology Trade Required Skills:
- Students should be able to handle measuring, drafting, cutting and pressing tools and equipments.
- They should also be known of special machines/equipment used for cutting stitching and finishing of garments; and operate commercial sewing machine both with treadle and motor.
- They should also know common things like draft, cut, stitch and finish simple garments for ladies, gents and children.
- They should have good communication and interpersonal skills as they have to deal with different types of people.
How is Sewing Technology Trade Beneficial?:
- After passing the course, students can adjust themselves on the tailoring shop and the like other places for jobs.
- Students good at study and good teaching skills can also impart training in the locality or at private institute run by others.
- Best option suited for them is self-employment as they can make a livelihood with it in her locality.
Sewing Technology Trade Job Types:
- Interior Trimmer
- Sewing Room Assistant
- Couture Pattern Cutter